Nutella twists are here to make your day so much better! Check out the recipe below.
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cubed butter
- powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- Combine the butter and milk and place them in the microwave for one minute. Wait for the butter to melt completely.
- Mix the milk with 1 tablespoon sugar and yeast. Leave the mixture in a bowl covered with a towel for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the sugar, egg yolks, and salt. Next, pour in 2 1/2 cups flour and stir all the ingredients together. Add a dough attachment to your mixer and start mixing. Include the remaining 1/2 cup flour and continue mixing for 5 more minutes.
- Cover the dough with a towel and leave it for an hour. In the meantime set the oven to 375 F degrees and grab a muffin tin.
- Divide the dough into two halves. Make a 14×10 inch rectangle from the first half.
- Place the Nutella in the microwave for 20 seconds and add it over the dough. Top it off with hazelnuts.
- Place the second dough on top of the first one and seal the edges. Grab a knife to cut 12 14-inch strips.
- Place the strips in the muffin tin while also twisting them.
- Get the two egg whites and mix them with 1 tablespoon water. Use the mixture to go over the Nutella twists.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, then add powdered sugar on top.