No matter what kind of work you do, maintaining good posture throughout the day is crucial. Not only does it make you seem more professional, but it also helps to strengthen your back and decrease back pain now and later on in life. However, if you work a job where you have to sit down a lot, it can be difficult to manage your posture. Here are a few tips to help you go along your day.
- Keep your ears in line with your shoulders. Although that seems like an odd image, thinking about it in this way will give you an easy way to check if you’re leaning forward too much.
- Don’t cross your legs, always keep them on the ground. This promotes better posture and is better for your hips.
- Stand up and walk around as much as you can. Movement is the perfect anecdote to sitting down all day.
- If you can work standing up, definitely do it.
- If you have to sit, try using a lumbar support pillow. The pillow or even a rolled up towel will help you relieve some of the pressure and support your back instead of having to do it all yourself.