Speculoos are traditional Belgium gingerbread cookies, typically made around St. Nicholas Day and Christmas holidays. For those of you who are not familiar with these delicious bites, they’re similar to gingerbread cookies, but with the addition of cardamom, and they taste like heaven.
If this sounds like something you’d like, you should definitely give this Speculoos oatmeal a try. It’s a quick and easy breakfast recipe, packed with protein and heavenly spices. A tasty combination, that’ll brighten up your mood and give you energy for the rest of your day.
Miriam from Meals By Miri, who shared this recipe, says this oatmeal is “packed with warming spices which are sure to warm your soul lift your spirits.” Sounds great!
- 40g quick-cooking oats
- 30g mashed banana
- 250 plant milk or water (plant milk makes it creamier.. obviously)
- 5g caramel protein powder (can sub for a combo of brown sugar and maca powder)
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp of these spices: cinnamon, ginger, cloves, cardamom, grated nutmeg
- Add all your ingredients to a pot and bring to a simmer.
- Boil for a few minutes until it reaches the desired texture.
- Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings such as peanut butter, maple syrup, seeds, granola, etc.