Everyone knows the French braid and the waterfall braid, but have you mastered the fishtail braid yet? It is actually not as complicated as it looks and it’s such a great hairstyle for both casual and elegant looks.
All you need are two hands and two sections of hair.
- It is best to start with dry hair and put it into a ponytail. Separate the ponytail into two sections.
- Take a small piece from the underside of the right section and bring it across the center of your ponytail to the left section and hold it tightly.
- Now do the same with the left section and bring it across the ponytail to the right side.
- Keep alternating sides until you reach the end of your ponytail.
- It is best to make the braid as tight as possible so you can play with it at the end, once secured.
- Secure the ends with an elastic and start to loosen up the strands with your fingers so it has the messy boho look.
- Use finishing spray to keep in the braid for the rest of the day.
There are many ways to mix it up and change the end result and this style works on all hair types, don’t be afraid to do it on curly hair.