We remember making this puppy chow in grade school with our teachers and begging our moms to whip some up at home. Now, this childhood favorite is even more chocolaty with the addition of Nutella and cocoa powder. Make sure you grab some before it’s all gone because this treat won’t last long in your house!
- 1 box (12 ounces) toasted cereal (like Rice Chex)
- 1 1/4 cup ounces hazelnut spread or Nutella
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2/3 cup bittersweet chocolate
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- Place the cereal in a large bowl.
- Combine the hazelnut spread, butter, and chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- Set over a saucepan containing 2 inches of simmering water and stir until the butter and chocolate have melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour over the cereal, stirring until it’s evenly coated.
- Toss in confectioners’ sugar and cocoa to coat evenly.
- Serve or store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.