Self-care may be the hottest topic of 2020 and for a good reason. We all want to take better care of ourselves and we even got a chance to do it more now that we’re forced to stay inside due to coronavirus pandemic. There’s probably no better quarantine activity than self-care: it’s productive and relaxing at the same time. You can feel good knowing you’re doing something for yourself but there’s no pressure or deadline that will stress you out.
Here are our suggestions if you want to have a beauty blogger-worthy pampering session at your own home.
- Set the mood by tidying up, dimming the lights, and putting some soft music on. You can create an atmosphere that’s perfect for you using different playlists, candles, etc.
- Take some time to clean your home first. Even though it doesn’t sound like pampering, you can’t really relax if your home is dirty and messy so this is an important step.
- Make yourself a batch of water with fruit bits or a big cup of tea. If you’re feeling like it, you can even pour yourself a glass of champagne!
- Have a soft bathrobe ready and wear it the whole time. Also, prepare a pair of slippers and a few more towels if you’re going to use the oils.
- Nothing will relax you more than a luxurious bath followed by a massage. This is where a partner can help you but you can also do it by yourself.
- Do a facial and moisturize your body with your favorite cream or lotion.
- Give yourself a mani/pedi and don’t let it frustrate you. Take it easy and be patient. The more often you do it, the better you’ll be at it. And then you can save all that money you’d otherwise leave at pricey salons!