Pineapple is a delicious, juicy fruit that can be prepared and eaten in so many yummy ways. However, a lot of people think it’s expensive since they buy it pre-cut. But, if you buy it whole and learn to prepare it yourself, you’ll save so much money and end up with probably more pineapple than they give you at the store. So learn how to cut up a pineapple like a pro just in time for summer!
- Start by cutting off the crown and the base of the pineapple using a serrated or bread knife.
- Then, stand the pineapple up and take a bread knife and cut off the skin around it. You want to use a serrated knife because it’ll get the skin and eyes off the pineapple easier.
- Once you’ve gone around and removed all the skin and eyes, cut the pineapple in half and then into quarters.
- Lay each quarter on the side so you can remove the bit of core from it, which is too woody and tough to eat.
- From there, slice the pineapple in whatever size pieces you want and enjoy!
- For extra savings, keep all the pineapple scraps and use them to infuse water, vodka, make vinegar, or even kombucha!