Have you ever heard of a cocktail named Salty Dog? This refreshing beverage is made with grapefruit juice, vodka and, you already guessed this – salt.
A food blog named Simply Recipes shared instructions on how to make this “perfect hot-weather drink, ” as they described it. It’s pretty simple drink to make, but also very refreshing with a nice citrusy vibe.
If you still haven’t found your summer drink yet, a Salty Dog might be just what you were looking for.
- Fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice (use a sweeter, prettier variety, like pink or red grapefruit)
- Salt for rimming (kosher salt or ground sea salt is best)
- Salt the rim: Pour salt in a shallow dish. Cut a notch into a slice of grapefruit, then run the notch around the rim of the glass. Gently press the glass in the dish to rim it with salt.
- Add the ice and vodka to the glass: Add ice to the salted glass, then fill the glass one-third to one-half full with vodka. (How much vodka depends on how strong of a drink you’d like—I don’t recommend any less than a third, unless you want your drink to be very grapefruit-forward and sour.)
- Add the grapefruit juice: Fill the glass the rest of the way with the fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice.
- Give it a little stir, and enjoy!