If you’re a fan of the cruffin, you know the sheer joy of getting the best of both worlds. Why would you ever choose?! These muffins swap out the croissant element and replace it with donut vibes. Just try not to eat the entire batch in one go, please.
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan.
- Mix half a cup of sugar, a quarter cup of margarine, and the nutmeg together in a large bowl. Stir in the milk, then mix in the flour and baking powder until just combined. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each until half full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the tops of the muffins are light golden brown. Remove them from the oven and transfer to a wire rack.
- Pour the remaining melted margarine into a bowl, and mix the rest of the sugar and cinnamon together in another bowl.
- Dip the top of each warm muffin in the melted margarine, then into the sugar mixture to coat. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.