Looking for a tasty vegan dessert you can easily bake this weekend? This apple cake with almonds and oranges is a perfect refreshing dessert for these cold winter days.
Magda from Oatmeal Stories, who shared this recipe, says this cake is pretty simple and quick to make and it goes perfectly with a cup of tea or coffee. Enjoy.
- 100g raw cane sugar
- 60ml neutral oil (I used grapeseed)
- 120ml fresh orange juice
- 120ml unsweetened plant milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g spelt flour
- 50g almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 small or 1 big apple, cored, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup almond flakes
- Add cane sugar and oil to a large mixing bowl, whisk it for about 30 seconds using a hand mixer with a whisk attachment.
- Add orange juice, plant milk and vanilla, whisk for another 30 seconds.
- Add flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and use the same whisk attachment to mix the batter on low speed. Whisk only until combined.
- Transfer the batter to a 20cm springform pan with the bottom lined with baking paper.
- Arrange apple chunks and almond flakes on top, with your fingers press them gently into the batter.
- Bake in 180C for 28-30 minutes. Cool to room temperature and run a knife around the edges before removing the cake.