If you’re looking for a healthy snack, these broccoli cheddar quinoa bites are perfect for you. They are a great alternative to sugary energy bars or processed snacks. Kids will also love them as they are fun to make and a great lunch box addition.
Keep in mind you can add any type of vegetable, not just broccoli. Try them with zucchini, red peppers, or carrots. These muffins can be frozen so you will always have something to snack when you don’t want to cook. And the best part is, this recipe is egg-free and can be made without the cheese, or with vegan cheese, so it can be completely vegan.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa (80g)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup cheese shreds or nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- salt + pepper
- Line a muffin tin and set aside.
- Cook the quinoa by bringing the water to a boil, add some salt and cover, lower to simmer and keep simmering for 35 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave in the pan for 5 mins.
- Preheat the over to 350F degrees
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the quinoa, add some salt and pepper.
- Spoon the quinoa into the muffin tin and smooth the tops
- Bake for 22 minutes and then turn off the oven (and without opening it) leave the muffins in for another 5 minutes.
- Cool completely and then remove from the muffin tin