Do you love cereal so much that you could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? If you want a bit of variety, but still want to enjoy your favorite cereals, you have to try this Cap’n Crunch chicken. It tastes just like fried chicken with a slightly sweet taste and it’s really delicious. Here’s how to make it.
- 2 cups Cap’n Crunch cereal
- 1 1/2 cups corn flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into 1-oz tenders
- vegetable oil
- Crush the two cereals together in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the egg with milk.
- Combine the flour, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Toss the chicken pieces in the flour mixture making sure they are coated well and shake off the excess flour.
- Dip the chicken in the egg wash, coating it well, and then dip it in the cereal mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet to 325 F.
- Carefully drop the chicken in the skillet and cook it until it’s golden brown and fully cooked, for about 3 to 5 minutes.