Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so you want to make it as healthy and nutritious as possible. Unfortunately, we often don’t have to much time to prepare a meal we’d like, so we have to compromise.
If you’re out of healthy and fast recipes for breakfast, Sommer Collier from A Spicy Perspective shared one that might be helpful! This toasted coconut breakfast spread is easy to prepare even when you don’t have a lot of time. The unusual combination of cheese, coconut, and honey sounds tasty and promising.
- 16 ounces Real California Milk Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat to oven to 400 degrees F and spread the coconut evenly over a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven on the upper rack. Toast the coconut for 2-4 minutes. *Do not take your eyes off the coconut, it can turn from white to black in a matter of seconds.* Cool the coconut on the baking sheet.
- While the coconut is cooling, place the cottage cheese, honey, and vanilla extract in a food processor (or blender.) Puree until smooth. Add the toasted coconut and pulse to combine.
- Scoop the breakfast spread back into the cottage cheese container and refrigerate until ready to use.