Spring is almost here, and that is always a great reminder that we need to rethink our food choices and add more fresh ingredients to our diet. Mixing fresh fruit with bread? Also one of the best choices you can make this season.
This paleo lemon blueberry loaf is a refreshing and delicious replacement for your regular bread. Not to mention that it’s a healthier option as well. If you want to treat your family with something cute and tasty this weekend, this recipe is great!
- 1 1/3 cups fine blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries (or raspberries!)
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk from the can, just the top, solid part
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper or spray pan generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together all wet ingredients: eggs, maple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well to combine. Lastly, fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 40-50 minutes until a tester comes out clean. Allow loaf to cool completely in the pan before removing.
- Once the loaf is cooled completely, make your glaze: Place a small pot over low heat and add coconut milk, lemon juice, jam, and lemon zest. Stir constantly until ingredients are well-combined. Drizzle glaze on top and garnish with zest from 1 lemon. Cut into 8 slices and enjoy!