Now that we’re at home a lot and ordering take away less, we’ve been spending more time in the kitchen trying to recreate our favorite meal. Our newest obsession is this orange chicken recipe that tastes just as good as the one at Chinese restaurants, but it’s much healthier. Serve it with a green vegetable and some brown rice or quinoa.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch long strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup marmalade
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Combine the orange chicken and cornstarch in a small bowl. Make sure the chicken is coated.
- Combine 1/4 cup water, marmalade, and soy sauce in a measuring cup or medium bowl.
- Heat a wok or large, nonstick skillet over medium heat and add chicken. Wait about 3 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown on the bottom and stir. Continue to cook the chicken until it’s cooked through, about 2 more minutes.
- Add the marmalade mixture and cook, make sure to stir frequently until it starts to bubble, about 2 minutes.
- Serve with green vegetables and brown rice or quinoa.