Body scrubs can be expensive to buy. So instead of looking for your next scrub at the beauty store, why not make your own at home? Here’s an easy recipe you can try. And probably already have all the ingredients you need at home.
- 1/2 cup of coarsely ground coffee: Coffee grounds are excellent for removing dead skin cells.
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar: Sugar provides gentle exfoliation, leaving your skin soft and smooth.
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil: Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that hydrates and nourishes your skin.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract: Vanilla not only adds a pleasant fragrance but also has antioxidant properties.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coffee and granulated sugar.
- Gradually add the coconut oil to the coffee-sugar mixture. You can adjust the amount of coconut oil to make the scrub thicker or runnier based on your preference. Add the vanilla.
- Stir all the ingredients until they are well combined. You should have a grainy paste that is ready to use.
- If you’re not planning to use the scrub right away, transfer the scrub into an airtight container. Mason jars or recycled jam jars work well for this purpose.