You probably know that horrible feeling when you have unexpected company and absolutely nothing in your fridge to serve. It’s always best to have a few good recipes in case you have last-minute guests and you want to prepare a quick appetizer for them.
These crostini with roasted tomatoes is just what you’re looking for in those situations! You need only three ingredients and 5 minutes to prepare them. Yumna from the Feel Good Foodie blog shared this recipe and we look forward to trying it.
- 4 roma tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil plus more for brushing
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme plus more for garnishing
- 8 slices baguette cut diagonally into 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 ounces honey Chèvre goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F degrees. Place the tomatoes in a shallow baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme; toss to combine.
- Adjust the tomatoes so they are cut side up, and roast until the tomatoes soften and slightly shrink, about 40-45 minutes.
- Place the baguette slices on a wired baking sheet, brush with olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper, and bake in the oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Rub the crostini with garlic and then divide the goat cheese between the crostini. Top with one slice of roasted tomato, drizzling any extra juice over the top. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve immediately.