Summer is the best time to dye your hair, especially if you want to go for something kind of wacky. You can actually try dying your hair with Kool-Aid! It’s super easy and very effective, and absolutely cheaper than any non-permanent dyes at the drug store.
All you need for this dye is Kool Aid, conditioner, and water!
Here’s a guide to dying your hair with Kool-Aid.
- First, put on some gloves and gather the color packets you want. You can either go for the normal colors or mix a couple together to create unique combinations!
- Take 1-2 of the sugar-free packets and stir it in 1 tablespoon of hot water per packet until the powder has dissolved.
- Then, squirt in about 1/4 cup of conditioner or until paste forms. This is what you will use to paint onto your hair.
- Next, choose the section of your hair you want to dye, and section off your hair so the dye doesn’t touch the parts that you don’t want it to.
- Paint the dye onto your hair either with a brush or just your fingers and then once you’re done, wrap the section of your hair you dyed in cling wrap for at least 15 minutes, more if you want a deeper color.
- Then, rinse with cold water until the water turns clear and dry! If you want it to be a less bright color, you can shampoo it as well.