Energy and protein balls are great as an on-the-go snack. If you feel your energy diminishing during the day then eat one or two of these to get a healthy alternative to a sugary snack. There are so many recipes out there to choose from but these no-bake peanut butter energy balls are so easy to make and only require 5 ingredients and they taste delicious, without all the wasted calories.
There are 5-base ingredients for the energy balls but you can customize them to your taste. You can switch the chocolate chips for raisins or dried cranberries or use almond butter instead of peanut butter. It is up to you and once you get the recipe down you should start experimenting with other fun ways to make these healthy snacks.
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- ¼ cup of honey
- 6 tablespoon of vanilla protein powder
- 2-4 tablespoon of flax seeds
- Optional: ¼ cup Chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and use a small cookie scoop to round them into balls.
- Put them on the parchment paper into the freezer until they are hard and then you can store them in a zip lock bag or a covered container for 3 months.