Many people LOVE hardwood floors. Even if your home didn’t come with this type of floor, you may still want to have it. However, purchasing and installing hardwood flooring can be quite pricey.
Before you decide to change your floors, take a look at the pros and cons of hardwood flooring:
- Hardwood flooring is very durable and, if well-maintained, will last for years and years. This type of flooring is also easy to maintain. Just vacuum or sweep then use a wood floor cleaner occasionally.
- Although quite expensive, you’ll definitely get your money’s worth when purchasing hardwood flooring. Also, when it’s time to sell your home, the flooring will be a big plus.
- Finally, there are different styles you can choose from. Whether you want a traditional or contemporary look, there’s a style for you. Also, there are different types of wood available for such flooring.
- Hardwood flooring is quite costly. Aside from the materials, most people would also have to hire professionals to install the flooring properly.
- Aside from this, you need to refinish this type of flooring occasionally especially when the flooring gets scratched or scuffed.
- Finally, hardwood flooring can be quite noisy when you’re walking on it. So if you live in an apartment complex, your neighbors won’t appreciate it.