Coffee is one of the things we look forward to in the morning and this cold brew mocha smoothie will make you want to jump out of bed. The coffee is frozen in ice cubes, so the smoothie doesn’t get diluted with water. It’s also packed with protein from Greek yogurt and lightly sweetened with dates. The recipe yields two servings.
- 1 1/3 cups cold brew coffee, frozen into ice cubes
- 1/2 cup 2% milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the coffee into an ice cube tray and freeze it until solid for about four hours.
- Place the yogurt, milk, dates, cocoa powder, and vanilla in a blender and let it run until it’s smooth.
- Scrape the sides of the blender and add the coffee ice cubes and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve.