The origin of falafel stems from the Middle East and it’s usually a treat served with hummus or salads. These delicious vegan, vegetarian fritters make for great party food, as well as a lovely dinner at home with your beau.
Falafels are a great snack and they are easier to make than you think. Continue reading to find out how you can make this tasty treat!
- 1 lb chickpeas (not the canned variety)
- 1 white onion
- chopped fresh parsley
- chickpea flour
- pink salt
- garlic cloves
- olive oil or vegetable oil
- cardamon spice
- Start by soaking the chickpeas in room temperature water for one evening.
- On the next day, boil the chickpeas in a big pot and stir every 20 minutes continuously adding water when the water evaporates.
- When it’s fully cooked, after 2-3 hours drain and mash them with a masher or blend them until slightly less chunky.
- Add the chickpea flour, spices, salt, and pepper.
- Mix and start to form balls.
- Start by frying the falafel lightly in oil.
- Store the remaining extra falafel in the fridge for future use.
You can even put them in salads or serve them with fresh homemade hummus. Enjoy!