People can be very wary of paint, especially when children are using it, for good reasons. There can be many toxic and unknown ingredients in paint, and it’s hard to know what to buy without spending a boatload of cash. Luckily, there is an easy way to solve that; make your own washable paint! This paint is non-toxic and uses regular household items making it affordable, and totally achievable for even the most novice DIY-ers. Let’s get started.
For this DIY, you don’t need any fancy equipment or ingredients, all you will need are: as many bowls as you want colors, salt, all-purpose flour, water, measuring cups, a whisk, a spoon, and food coloring.
- Add one cup of flour to each of the bowls.
- Then, add one cup of salt to each bowl.
- Warm the water and start adding it in slowly with one hand and whisk the mixture with the other until you’ve poured in 1/3 cup of water.
- Add in your food coloring. Depending on how dark of a color you want, keep adding in drops until you’re satisfied.
- Use the spoon to mix in the color.
- You’re done! Use right away for all sorts of fun projects.
View this post on Instagram
Need to entertain & keep a 3 year old occupied? Throw some flour in a bowl w/food coloring & give them a spatula 😉It worked for a little bit! #entertainatoddler #parenting #mommyhood #momlife #flourandfoodcoloring #enertainment #busy3yearold #motherhood #keepkidsbusy #sensoryplay #tantrumthrees