It’s definitely time to prepare a bunch of delicious recipes for Halloween and what better way to celebrate this day than to combine the two best things in the world – pumpkins and cheesecake. The results are definitely amazing, so if you still haven’t tried making something like this, now is the perfect time.
Karissa from Karissa’s Vegan Kitchen shared this recipe for a vegan pumpkin cheesecake and it sounds delicious.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- 4 (8 oz) containers of vegan cream cheese room temperature
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together. Press into a 9-inch springform cheesecake pan evenly using a flat-bottomed object like a measuring cup.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese together until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree and cornstarch until the cornstarch is fully dissolved. Mix it into the bowl with the cream cheese.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients (sugar, coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.) You can use an electric hand mixer on low or mix by hand – either way, don’t overmix, just mix until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the pumpkin cream cheese mixture into the pan and spread out evenly. Give the pan a few gentle taps on the counter to fill in any gaps.