While scrolling through Instagram, it’s hard not to come across pictures of smoothie bowls. This healthy breakfast treat is a step up from regular smoothies because its thicker texture allows you to savor it and you can add your favorite toppings! Creating your very own Instagram-worthy smoothie bowl is as easy as following these three steps. Remember, you can adjust the toppings and fruits to your liking.
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/4 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup of ice cubes
- Optional toppings: sliced fresh strawberries, fresh raspberries, chia seeds, unsweetened shredded coconut, nuts, fresh pumpkin seeds, bananas, cacao nibs, and granola
- Put the milk, berries, and sugar in a blender. Cover the blender and blend it until it’s smooth.
- Add the ice cubs and cover it. Continue blending the smoothie until it’s smooth.
- Put the smoothie in a bowl and top it off with the toppings you selected.