There’s something about pumpkin spice lattes be it cold or hot that makes you feel like you’re in the Christmas spirit. It may be the comforting taste of pumpkin hints mixed with cinnamon that makes this tasty drink a cozy treat.
If you’re tired of the regular chai tea lattes and want to try something new, then try the pumpkin spice latte. It’s a great way to spruce up your drinking game and to open you to new possibilities of flavors. If you want a burst of Christmas in your home then follow these steps.
- 2 cups milk (you can opt for plant milk instead if you’re vegan/vegetarian)
- 3 tablespoons of pumpkin puree
- 1-3 tablespoons of cane sugar, brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 spoons of cinnamon
- 1 spoon of nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice (more if you feel like you need more of a pumpkin spice flavor)
- half a cup of concentrated coffee
- whipped cream for the top of the pumpkin spice latte
- Start by making the pumpkin puree. Cut the pumpkin into cubes and boil it in hot water until its soft.
- Grab the pumpkin cubes and put it inside a blender until its creamy. Add water if needed.
- Boil the milk in a small pot and add pumpkin puree. Mix it well with a whisk for a few minutes.
- Add to a pot while the mix is still hot and add the spices, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar. Mix it all together.
- Transfer it to a cup then add whipped cream on top. Add pumpkin spice and nutmeg on top.
Voila! There you go! Enjoy your delightful pumpkin spice latte.