Oily hair can be a nuisance especially on those days when you want a good hair day. It can disrupt special events where people might mistake your hair for being shiny instead of oily.
To combat oily hair – using the right shampoo for your hair type is imperative. But what if you’re in a rush and need to run out the door?
That’s why there’s dry shampoo to the rescue! Sprinkle some on your tresses with minimal effort and you’re good to go.
What Ingredients Do I Need?
You’ll find that you already have these ingredients in your kitchen cupboard. It’s simple and easy to make with no added hassle of having to go to a store to purchase more essentials oils.
- one cup of arrowroot or cornstarch powder (if you have cornstarch in your kitchen this will come in handy)
- 2-3 essential oils of your choice and 8-10 drops of each (lavender, tea tree oil, cedarwood, rosemary ylang-ylang oil are all great choices).
- cocoa powder (for darker hair)
- empty jar bottle
How Do I Make It?
- Grab your jar and make sure it’s thoroughly cleaned.
- Add a cup of arrowroot or cornstarch powder.
- Add cocoa powder if your hair is dark brown or black (if not just use the arrowroot powder).
- Add the essential oils (8-10 drops each).
- Shake it well.
- Scoop a little bit of product and apply on the scalp of your hair and massage gently.
- Distribute the powders through your hair evenly.