Have you ever made couscous for lunch or dinner and realized you made way too much? Instead of eating it as it is, transform it into something totally new with these couscous cakes!
- 2 cups of leftover couscous
- 1/4 cup of herbs, cilantro, dill, parsley, mint, or a combination
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Take the couscous and put it into a bowl with the herbs, 1 whole egg, only the yolk of the other egg, cumin, zest of the lemon, salt, and pepper, and mix it all up.
- Start adding in the flour just until the mixture comes together and is thicker, but don’t put it in all at one time in case you need less than the 2 tablespoons.
- In a skillet heat up the oil over medium heat and take about 1/4 cup of the mixture to turn it into patties.
- Fry the patties on both sides for about 3-4 minutes until they’re golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Repeat for the rest of the mix and then enjoy as a side dish or a vehicle for yummy sauces like tahini, tzatziki, or hummus!