Affogato, a classic Italian dessert, is a hot espresso that is poured over vanilla ice cream or gelato. It’s a great way to complete any meal and now you can make it at home with this easy recipe.
- 1 tablespoon nut liqueur
- 1 shot espresso
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream (gelato is even better)
- dark chocolate
- The first step is to make an espresso. You will need one shot of espresso per person.
- Prepare the glasses that you’ll be serving the coffee in. They should be big enough to fit a scoop of ice cream in.
- Fill each cup with 1-2 scoops of the vanilla ice cream. Add the shot of espresso on top.
- Finish off with 1 tablespoon of nut liqueur over the coffee.
- Use a grater to decorate the drink with dark chocolate. Enjoy!