If you’re a vegan with a sweet tooth who’s constantly looking for new dessert recipes, we’ve got one just for you! Bounty balls are extremely delicious, easy to make and require only four basic ingredients!
Amy Talei, who runs the food blog Harvest Cooked, shared a recipe for this tasty treat on her Instagram, and we fell in love with it right away. She described them as the perfect snack for busier days walking around town because they’re deliciously creamy, healthy, and filling at the same time.
They are the perfect pick for coconut lovers, willing to try Bounty bars in different shapes and forms. In addition to creamed and desiccated coconut, the list of ingredients for this sweet treat also includes maple syrup and vegan chocolate.
Check out the instructions from Amy Talei’s Instagram, and we’re sure you’ll love this recipe as much as we do!
- 150 gr creamed coconut
- 1/2 to 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 to 4 tbs agave or maple syrup
- 50 gr dark vegan chocolate
- 1 tsp Bourbon vanilla (optional)
- Whisk all ingredients except chocolate in a deep bowl. Start with the lesser amount, adjust the ratio to desired sweetness. The dough should be sticky to touch, yet firm enough to roll balls.
- Roll into balls using a tbs a time within the palms of your hands.
- Melt chocolate using the double-boiler method.
- Prepare a plate with parchment paper and create space in the fridge.
- Dip balls into melted chocolate, transfer to a lined plate and chill until ready (approximately 30-60 min).
- Store in the fridge, allow to rest 5 min at room temperature prior to eating.