Avocados are one of the simple pleasures in the world. Between avocado toast and guacamole, we can’t get enough avocados. But what we don’t love about them is how short of a period there is between when they’re rock hard and too mushy. We bet you didn’t know you can freeze avocados to make them last longer. Here’s how to do it.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the seed. Then scoop it out of the peel.
- Brush the avocado halves with lemon juice. This will keep them from browning.
- Tightly wrap the halves in plastic wrap and make sure there isn’t any room for air. This includes the spot where you removed the seed.
- Place the halves in freezer bags and press out the air, zip them, and put them into the freezer.
- To eat the avocado, take it out of the freezer and let it thaw.
- Slice, seed, and scoop out the avocados into a bowl. Add lemon juice.
- Mash them up to your desired consistency.
- Place them in a freezer bag, press out the air, and zip them up. Put the bag into the freezer.