Our hair is regarded as our crowning glory but as we grow older, thinning hair and hair loss has been one of the common condition.
Most known causes of thinning hair can be associated to Natural Aging, Extreme physical or emotional stress, Genetics, Nutritional Deficiencies, Reactions to hair products or Illness.
If you are undergoing these condition, then perhaps the natural remedies below can help thicken your hair and save you from expensive hair treatments and products.
To enjoy a thicker and stronger hair, protein is an essential ingredient. For a natural protein treatment, the best component is eggs.
- Beat 1 or 2 eggs, depending on the length of your hair
- Apply the eggs to the scalp and wet hair, leave for 30 minutes
- Wash hair with warm water and shampoo
Another option is to mix 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of hair oil and 2 tablespoons of water and massage your scalp thoroughly with this mixture for 15 minutes.
Follow this egg treatment once a week for thicker and stronger hair.
Olive oil has omega3 acids that helps make your hair healthier. It makes your hair thicker and softer and it also relieves the drying of the scalp.
- Heat the oil to normal body temperature
- Using the warm olive oil, massage hair and scalp
- Let it sit for 30-45 minutes
- Rinse out the oil with shampoo
Some people mix honey and olive oil, while some suggests leaving the olive oil overnight for best results. Use either of these remedies once or twice a week.
Olive Oil is essential in any DIY beauty kit! Agree? It’s made by pressing olives and extracting their oil, which contains healthy fats and antioxidants that are great for the skin. Use alone or add a drop in with your everyday moisturizer for a boost of hydration! It can also be used to soften cuticles and remove makeup! How do you use olive oil? Share in the comments below!
Avocado adds volume and body as it moisturizes your hair; it is rich in Vitamin E that helps you achieve that complete healthy hair.
- Mash one avocado and mix it with 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp
- Massage your scalp and let it sit for 30 minutes so to fully absorb the nutrients
- Rinse your hair with shampoo
Make this simple avocado rub and apply it twice a week.
Beauty from the inside out! Check out this Inner Beauty Smoothie Essential fatty acids to promote hair growth and texture, dark leafy greens for protein and iron which is important for strong hair. Ingredients: 1/2 avocado 1 banana (frozen is best) 1 handful strawberries (frozen is best) 1-2 cups dark leafy greens baby spinach, romaine, kale 2 cups water 1/2 juice of lemon to brighten up the drink Blend and enjoy.
Another known way of aiding the overall health of your hair is the Castor Oil. It is rich in Vitamin E and Fatty Acids that promotes hair growth.
- Mix equal amount of castor oil and coconut oil
- Rub the mixture to your hair and scalp until it is fully coated
- Cover your hair with shower cap or towel moistened with warm water
- Leave the oil for 30-60 minutes
- Rinse your hair with shampoo
Simply using castor oil directly to your hair can work but the texture can be too thick.
Do this once a week to enjoy thick and shiny hair.
Aloe Vera plant can be used not only for scalp and hair but also for skin. It moisturizes, thickens and strengthens your hair through time. It also brings back the natural pH balance of the scalp.
Naturally extracted gel from Aloe Vera or commercial aloe gel products can be used on below procedures:
- Rub the gel onto your scalp and massage thoroughly
- Let it sit for 30 minutes before rinsing
- Rinse your hair with warm water
Do this regularly, once or twice a week.