Mouthwash is an integral part of your dental hygiene. Mouthwash gets to the places in your mouth that your toothbrush can’t, and it helps your breath stay fresh.
If you’re worried about the stuff you buy at the store, you can make it at home easily! All you need are four ingredients, one jar, and that’s all! The only thing is you shouldn’t really make a batch much bigger than this one because if you let the oils sit together for too long, the flavor and properties can change, so it’s best to make a smaller batch like this and remake it every couple of weeks.
- 4 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 cup of distilled water, or filtered if you don’t have distilled
- 4 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 4 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Pour all of the ingredients into a mason jar, or some type of jar that has a lid, and shake it up well.
- Whenever you want to use it, make sure the lid is on and you shake it well because the baking soda will fall to the bottom of the jar.
- Take just 2-3 teaspoons at a time, swish it around your mouth for a minute, spit, and feel your mouth being more refreshed!