Olive oil cake is a delightful dessert that uses a normally savory ingredient as the star; olive oil! Make this moist, delicious cake, and you’ll never regret it.
- 3 large room-temperature eggs
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 112 grams of extra-virgin olive oil+extra for greasing
- 120 grams of whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour+extra for the tin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Start by cracking the eggs into the bowl of a stand mixer and add in the sugar. Put on the whisk attachment and beat for 30 seconds on high.
- Then, reduce the speed to slow, and slowly add in the olive oil, followed by the milk, and then the vanilla and almond extracts.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Spoon in the dry mixture with the stand mixer on low until the batter is just combined.
- Grease a round 8-inch cake tin with olive oil and then dust with flour, pour in the batter and cook at 350 F for 30-35 minutes.
- To cool, first keep the cake in the tin for 5 minutes, then take it out and put on a cooling rack until completely cool.