A clogged drain, whether it’s in your sink or your shower can be very annoying. It is also very bad for your house to have a clogged drain, because there is a higher chance for overflow, and that is just a mess. If you want to keep your drains moving smoothly but you don’t want to use harsh chemicals from store-bought products, here is a simple and natural DIY solution for you!
- First, start off by boiling a pot of water, and then pour the water down the drain.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of baking soda and pour it into the drain next. Wait about 3-5 minutes before the next step so the baking soda can start working without being activated yet.
- Mix together 1 cup of white vinegar with 1 cup of boiling hot water. Pour this solution down the drain on top of the baking soda.
- If you have a drain plug, put that on top of the drain so the mixture can stay within the pipes and not seep out.
- Leave the solution within the drain for 5-10 minutes, depending on how clogged it is.
- Boil another pot of water and pour that down the drain to full flush everything out.