When you have a bunch of tuna cans just sitting in the pantry, there is no better time to make a delicious dish of tuna lasagna. If you can believe it, mixing tuna and lasagna happens to be one of the most unique and flavorsome recipes. The additional protein from the tuna in this classic recipe makes it very filling but still rich and cheesy.
- 2 14 oz tuna cans based in olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups of heavy cream
- 3 1/3 cups of canned tomato sauce
- Herbs of your choice (recommended: Italian spice mix, dry oregano, dry basil, salt, pepper)
- A packet of lasagna sheets
- Grated cheeses of your choice (recommended: cheddar and mozzarella)
- Heat up the oven to 395 degrees.
- In a pot over the stove, warm up the tuna.
- Once the tuna is hot, add the heavy cream, canned tomato sauce, and herbs and mix well.
- In a big baking pan, layer the sauce and pasta sheet layers on top of each other one at a time. Add grated cheese on top and don’t be shy.
- Place into the oven and cook for 45 minutes or until the cheese has browned on top. Top with fresh basil and voila!; the most delicious lasagna recipe with lots of protein.