Having a knife block is not only a great statement piece for your kitchen, but it’s a really handy way to store and access your good kitchen knives. If you don’t want to go out and buy a knife block, you can create a DIY project with things you already have around the house!
Materials and Tools:
- 4-5 medium-sized hardcover books, or more if you have a large knife set
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Start by measuring the length of your knives against the books to make sure that the books are long enough. If they aren’t, find books that are longer.
- Put your books in the order you want them to be (randomly or based on where you want your knives to go exactly).
- Glue the covers and stick them to each other and then let them sit stacked against each other for a few minutes so the glue can dry. If you’re worried, you can put another few books on top of them to make them really come together.
- Wrap the books in twine a few times just to make sure they stay together.
- Then, place the knife block anywhere on your counter, stick the knives into the pages of the books and you’re done!