If you are looking for an easy breakfast recipe filled with protein and fruits, then look no further than this Chia and Peanut Butter Granola Parfait. This recipe is great for brunches and you can put everything in separate bowls to let people assemble them themselves. Its so easy to make and tastes delicious.
- 1/4 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey (use coconut palm syrup if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low sugar raspberry jam
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries or berries of choice
- Optional: drizzle of honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract into a small pan and place over low heat. Mix until everything is warm. Transfer to a medium-size bowl.
- Fold in the oats and chia seeds and mix well. Spread the oats mixture over the baking sheet and bake.
- Stir after 7 minutes to prevent burning and continue baking for another 3-7 mins until golden brown.
- Let the granola cool. You can keep it stored for up to 3 weeks.
- For the parfaits, in a bowl or small mason jars layer ¼ cup of yogurt, ½ tablespoon of jam ¼ cup of granola and then another ¼ cup of yogurt. Top with more granola and a few banana slices and raspberries. Serve immediately.