There’s nothing quite like some fresh out of the oven banana bread. It’s super versatile and it can be eaten with almost any meal, breakfast, lunch, or dinner. If you’re ever looking for something to do with those bananas that are almost too brown to eat, you should make banana bread. This is literally the best banana bread we’ve ever had; it’s super moist, chocolaty, and it happens to be a crowd favorite!
Try doubling the recipe, you can always freeze the leftovers (if there are any). We love making this recipe into muffins, which makes the perfect snack.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter, unsalted or salted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar (it depends how sweet you like it, but we always use 1/2)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 12 oz bag chocolate chips
- nuts of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C).
- Butter a 4×8 inch loaf pan or skip this step if you’re making muffins.
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl with a fork until they are smooth and stir in the melted butter.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir the sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir. If you want to add nuts add them in.
- Pour the batter into the pan or muffin tins and bake it for 50 min to an hour. The banana bread is done when you can stick a toothpick through the center and it comes out clean.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.