If you’re looking to give new life to some of your clothes, iron-on patches are the way to go. They add a personal touch to jackets, jeans, shoes, hats, or purses and they’re super easy to do. Here’s a step-by-step guide to ensure that you won’t ruin your clothes.
- ironing board
- a thin piece of fabric
- clothing you want to customize
* Iron-on patches work best on cotton and polyester. They don’t work as well on nylon, rayon, leather, or waterproof materials.
- Heat up your iron on the highest setting.
- Lay out your piece of clothing on the ironing board and place the patch in the spot you want it to be. The adhesive side should be flat against the fabric.
- Place a thin cloth over the front of the patch to protect the fabric of your clothing from the heat.
- Place the iron over the patch and cloth and hold it for 30 seconds.
- Once the patch is on your clothing, turn it inside out and lay it flat on the ironing board. Place the pressing cloth over the backside of the patch and repeat step 4.
- Let it cool and you’re finished!