You may have noticed a new type of jewelry being majorly on-trend this year. We’re talking about polymer clay earrings, which are incredibly cute and in style right now. The best part is that they’re actually quite easy to make at home, and they’ll look just as good as the store-bought ones. Here’s how to do it.
- Polymer clay
- Earring backs
- Jump rings
- Rolling pin or drinking glass
- Oven and baking sheet
- A needle or paper clip
- Circle cutters or round objects
- Once you have everything you need, making the earrings is actually quite simple.
- Just roll out your clay into a flat sheet and use a knife or a circle cutting tool like a cookie cutter or a bottle lid to cut your desired shapes from the clay.
- Once you’re happy with your design, use a needle or paper clip to poke a small hole where you want your earring back to go.
- Bake the clay following the instructions on the packaging.
- Use a jump ring and pliers to attach the earring back to the earring.
- And that’s all! Of course, you can get as fancy as you want with the designs, mixing colors, creating marbling or dotting effects, and so on.