Lemon curd is a delicious, creamy and buttery dessert topping or spread that can be a perfect addition to cookies, cupcakes, pancakes, muffins or just about any other dessert of your liking. If you love rich citrus taste, lemon curd is the most delicious thing you absolutely have to try.
You can probably buy it in your local grocery store, but there is no need to do that as it’s pretty easy to make tasty homemade lemon curd in no time. You’ll need only 5 ingredients and around 30 minutes to prepare it. Once it’s cold, use it as a spread for your favorite dessert. This rich lemony topping will be your ray of sunshine on these cold winter days.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk eggs, sugar and lemon juice until blended.
- Add butter and lemon zest; cook, whisking constantly until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Transfer to a small bowl; cool 10 minutes. Refrigerate, covered, until cold.