While there’s no denying that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, many of us still don’t make time to eat it. If you’re not a morning person, cooking breakfast is the last thing you want to do. If you want to eat breakfast, but can’t find the time, these egg muffins are filled with protein and nutrients, which will help you start your day off right and they’re portable! Here’s how to make them.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup feta
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Spray a twelve-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or line the tin with silicone baking cups.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs and egg whites. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- In the meantime, heat a skillet over medium heat with 1 teaspoon oil. Add in the chopped veggies and let them cook for 5-6 minutes, or until they’re soft and the onions are fragrant.
- In the bowl with the egg mixture, add the sauteed veggies, feta, and parsley. Mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin cups.
- Bake the eggs for 17-20 minutes or until they’re no longer jiggly and you a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into them.
- Let the eggs cool before eating them and enjoy.