If you’re a fan of creamy, chocolate-based desserts, chocolate pudding cakes are always a good idea. They are delicious, you don’t need a lot of ingredients to make one, and the whole process can take less than half an hour.
In the sea of tasty chocolate pudding cake recipes that you can find online, the one shared by Instagram star Carlo Cao, who runs the popular page @vegaliciously, is our absolute favorite. To make the whole thing even better, this is the perfect dessert for your vegan guests, as long as you use the right brand of chocolate.
- 2 cup
- coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 70 g brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 45 g cacao powder
- 120 g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp agar agar powder
- Place milk, water, sugar, and salt in a saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- In a bowl, whisk cacao powder with 4 tbsp of water until lumps free then pour into the milk mixture and stir.
- Add in the chocolate and stir until dissolved.
- Place agar in a glass, add in 1 tbsp of water, stir and pour into the chocolate mixture.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a mold, let it cool completely before placing in the fridge. Let it rest in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.