Fewer things are as comforting as a bowl of hot chicken soup and matzah balls. There’s a reason it’s called Jewish penicillin! The good news is, you don’t have to be a member of the tribe to enjoy this traditional dish of dumplings.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ½ cup cold water or Seltzer
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup ground almonds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup matzah meal
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mixing thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl with something like a dish towel and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Wet your hands and form the mixture into balls.
- Add the balls to a pot of salted boiling water (or your chicken soup), and allow to simmer, covered, for 30 minutes to an hour.