Let’s be honest… it can be difficult to stop at just one slice of cake. Especially if it’s really good. That’s why this carrot cake is a total win — not only is it delicious and easy to make, it’s portion size is perfect for one.
- 1½ tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded carrot
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla, milk, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon in a mug. Stir or whisk the ingredients until smooth. Fold in the shredded carrots.
- Microwave the mug cake for one to one-and-a-half minutes. Begin checking at 1 minute. The cake should look set but not overcooked and dry.
- Allow the cake to cool before topping with whipped cream, cream cheese glaze, or powdered sugar.